How is this already my third child?! It's absolutely amazing to me how quickly the last three years have passed. We first welcomed Avah in 2012 and I did ALL the research, had every piece of baby equipment you could possibly need, and ended up realizing quickly that the majority of it was overrated, overpriced, and in our case, would be underused. Flash forward to 2014 and sweet Lucy Quinn arrived to a much more streamlined version of baby gear in our home. With that said, we learned with Lucy that what worked for Avah wouldn't necessarily work for Lucy, so we did end up buying some items that Avah hated and Lucy loved...lesson learned; every child is different! Things we splurged on for Lucy included a new crib (which was actually the same as Avah's, just a different color), upgrading our stroller from a single BOB to a double Baby Jogger City Select, and purchasing a new upholstered chair for the nursery. Well times have changed and here we are on the cusp of 2016 getting ready to welcome our third sweet child and boy oh boy have we gotten wise! So far I think we have spent about $350 total on everything for this baby's room. I've gotten supremely picky about what I will buy for myself maternity clothing-wise and have realized that less is more when it comes to carting around three kiddos and moving every 3(ish) years. I've fallen in love with instagram for product referrals and really will only try a new product if it gets rave reviews from other Mama's! So without further adieu, here are my must-have pregnancy and baby items this time around:
1. Milk Snob Paparazzi Car Seat Cover in Milky Strip: This is our first winter baby and I have no doubt people will be trying to peek in on our newest addition at the height of cough and cold season. After Lucy got so sick at such a young age last time, I fell in love with this product immediately and can't wait to use it to help protect baby Watermelon Pie.
2. Baby Jives Snow Cloud Mobile: This is actually a repeat purchase. We have the star and moon mobile in Lucy's room and it's so enchanting I knew I wanted to incorporate another one of her mobiles in new baby's room. Since we don't know what we are having this time, I've stuck with a very light, airy white nursery with an understated mountain theme. This mobile coupled with the Baby Jives moon and stars is the perfect amount of whimsy for baby to stare at as they fall asleep.
3. Blanqi Bodystyler Belly Support Maternity Leggings: I found this product via instagram after literally every Mama blogger I follow started posting incredible reviews. They finally had a sale one day and I bit the bullet and splurged. Yes, they are $65, but these maternity leggings will change.your.life. Especially in that last semester when your belly feels so heavy! These have become my maternity wardrobe staple and I would gift them to every mama I know if I could. Their customer service is amazing, too.
4. Lush Bath Bombs (Tisty Tosty): Every Mama needs some time to chill, soak in the tub, and connect with baby, regardless of how many other kiddos you have. Lush bath bombs bring a whole new level of extravagance to this relaxation ritual and I can't get enough! This one is my fave because of the scent and the roas buds that float in the water once it's dissolved.
5. Maxi-Cosi Mico Max 30 Infant Car Seat: For Avah and Lucy we had a Graco Snugride 35 infant car seat and it worked great. But, after two uses, it had seen better days and also wasn't the best option to attach to our double stroller anymore, so we decided it was time for an upgrade. After reading LOTS (ie. too many) of reviews, I decided on this car seat mainly for its light weight, awesome safety reviews, and compatibility with our double Baby Jogger stroller. Can't wait to start using it!
6. Ikea Hemnes Dresser: With the other two girls, I bought used dressers and had them refinished to match the decor in their rooms. While those have worked well, this time around I wanted an affordable, practical dresser with LOTS of drawers, both small and large. I found this Ikea dresser used on craigslist in excellent condition for $150 less than buying it new...added bonus? Someone else had already assembled it, so it saved us time and money. Win/win!
7. Honest Co. Belly Balm: Three babies in three years has definitely taken its toll on my previously streak-free belly (side note: It's amazing what having children does for appreciating how GOOD your old body actually looked! lol). Regardless, I've been lucky to not have too many stretch marks post-pregnancy and I attribute most of that luck to a great belly balm. I love this one from Honest Company because it really feels like it nourishes without being too greasy.
8.Target Gilligan O'Malley Pajama Set: Stop the presses. These pajamas are game changers. With previous pregnancies I've splurged on J Crew or Pottery Barn Pajamas knowing I'd use them a lot both during pregnancy and postpartum. And while they HAVE been good, these $25 Target pajamas are GREAT. They are soft, stretchy, and cute. Absolutely perfect for lounging while pregnant and then ideal for the first few months postpartum when nursing takes over my life! I've bought them in two colors for myself and have already gifted them to my best friend expecting her first child next summer.
9. Solly Baby Wrap in Natural Grey Stripe: I love trying any and everything to carry baby in during the first six months. While I do have both a Baby K'tan carrier and an Ergobaby carrier, I have heard so many wonderful things about the Solly Baby Wrap since having Lucy I decided I wanted to try one out this time around. Looking forward to sharing my thoughts in about six-months time!
So that's my list this time around. Much simpler and yet I still feel like I'm discovering so much! Please share any must-have products you use and love. My favorite way to discover new things is from other Mamas as there's nothing better than tried and true. xo